Monday, October 20, 2014

NaNoWriMo First Draft Pledge!

This is something I came up with in 2012.  Enjoy.


The NaNoWriMo First Draft Pledge

Dear Internal Critic (IC).

            Although I value your input, I respectfully request that you refrain from your task whilst I get the first draft down on paper, PDA, cell phone, Ipod, Nook, Kindle, Mac, and/or computer (PC/Laptop).
            While I need your capable assistance in the rewrite/revision process; I humbly request you cease and desist to interfere with this part of the creative process (first draft).
            What this means for you, is that you can take a vacation!  Heck, you and the other writers/Nanoers I.C.’s could get together with our external critics (i.e. parents who don not support us, bf/spouses of that same ilk), could go on a holiday….heck, even have a convention!
            Ahem…once our rough drafts are done, and I mean rough (or why else would they be called that), you may come back, roll up your sleeves, and get back to work…  constructively of course.  Until that time, let us be free to write the worst crap in the universe!
            Thank you for your support and cooperation in this matter.

                                                                                    Your Friend

<sign below>



You can print it out and sign it, hang it where you can see it (next to your writing area perhaps?)







And the Elements of Story:






No comments:

Post a Comment