Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Camp NaNoWriMo April 2018

Once again it's that time of year, where writers all over the world pack their tents and pots and pans... for Camp NaNoWriMo or Camp Nano...well, not quite literally.   But figuratively, at an online camp.  Camp NaNoWriMo is an offshoot from the folks that bring you the November NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month).  The main difference between the Camp and the regular Nano, is that in camp you can set your own goal.

The goal can be a word count.  So instead of the 50,000 words you can write 10k, 5k...I believe the lowest you can go is like 35?   But they have also changed it so you can do hours, minutes, or even pages.  The goal can be changed during the month, but only up to validation begins. (The 20th of the month) 

Validation for other than word count rules seems straightforward:

1)  Click Validate Project
2)  Confirm you've reached your project goal by clicking "Validate."


Normally, the rules are that you have to write something new for the Nanos...but many people use them to finish projects.  For me this year, I've got to finish a story fhttp://writtenkitten.co/or an anthology before April 15.  So part of my nano will be to finish off this story that I've got percolating in my brain.   Also, I have two anthologies that I'm actively working behind the scenes on.  I would love to finish the rough draft for the second novel in a series.   

To reach word count goals, you can try Write or Die: 
https://www.writeordie.com/

And Written Kitten:

http://writtenkitten.co/

You used to be able to change it to anything, but now it's only kitten/puppy/or bunny.  I used to be able to use Dragons. 

So I am setting my goal for 40 hours.   I should be able to reach that.  Wish me luck!   

No comments:

Post a Comment