Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Memorial Day

Monday is Memorial Day in the US.  It's a day to remember those who have died while serving our country.  And those whom have died.  Too many forget that, too many use it as a day off from work.  Treating it like the first day of summer, the time when public pools open.  I remember as a kid that we had parades with vets marching, the day when we would fly our flag.  The day when we would remember those who died fighting for our country.

This year, I remember and honor my father Dwight I. Wooley, who served in the US Navy during the Korean Conflict.  And also my mother, Elberta Call Wooley.  Also my aunt's Kathleen Kitchen, Anna Margaret Ruhland, Vera Wooley Beck, Roberta Wooley Wharton, and uncles Marion Beck, and Thurman Wooley (and his wife Aunt Jenny).  My grandparents, Burton Call, (whom passed before I was born, his wife my grandmother Lorna Brooke.  My grandpa Clarence J. Wooley and Gradma Edith Wooley on my dads side.

I honor all the vets who have serviced our country, and honor their families who paid in the lives of their loved ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment