Monday, December 2, 2013

The "Thank God It's Over Post NaNoWriMo Blues"

          So another NaNoWriMo is done.  For those who made it to the 50 thousand words.... CONGRATULATIONS!    To those who didn't,  CONGRATULATIONS, you participated for a grand adventure and worked on stories that are near and dear to your hearts.   
          Honestly, it's about the writing and not winning.  You got on the path to your goal of a first draft.  So I bow to you all, and say, "WELL DONE!"
          A lot of folks in my Facebook NaNoWriMo group are asking, "What now?  Some of them are also sad that NaNo is over.  Yes, NaNoWriMo is over, but did you finish your first draft?   If the answer is "no," then you can finish now that nano is over, though there is a NaNoFiMo (National Novel Finishing Month), see the link below.  
        Once you have finished, then you edit.  And only after you get it polished as much as you can (I recommend this part), you get a Beta Reader.  Beta Readers will catch something you did not.  It never fails in my case, I am living proof!  I had rewritten and edited a chapter of my NaNoWriMo 2010 Novel, and my beta caught something I had missed in the 10 revisions that I had done.  But then again, I am a bit of a perfectionist!  
        If you are writing for pleasure, and not for publication, that is fine, there is nothing wrong with that.  If you share, you do need to edit some, for readability and clarity.  If you don't want to share, that is okay as well.  

      But no matter what you choose.  Keep Writing!


Link to NaNoFiMo:     http://nanofimo.proboards.com/index.cgi





No comments:

Post a Comment